1. Eight nominees, who represent women who deserve recognition for their sporting achievements in the past year (2019), have been selected by BT Sport. This could be an actual sporting achievement or it could be for their contribution to sport. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All nominees have agreed to these terms and conditions and to take part in the competition.
2. The prize is the BT Sport Action Woman of the Year Award 2019.
3. The winner of the competition will be the nominee who receives the highest number of votes between 11am on 06/11/19 and 11.59pm on 01/12/19 when the vote closes.
4. The voting will take place on btsport.com between the time periods listed above. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of voting are permitted. Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or who attempt to interfere with the voting process or the operation of the Site in any way will be disqualified and their votes will not be counted.
BT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend voting should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the voting process. All decisions regarding the voting process shall be final and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
5. During the voting stage, users of btsport.com may vote for the nominee(s) from the shortlist of 8 that they wish to win the Award. The nominee who receives the most votes during the voting stage will win the Award.
6. In order to submit your vote via btsport.com, visit btsport.com/ActionWoman2019 and cast your vote by selecting the designated poll selection that corresponds to your chosen nominee.
7. If you fail to register your vote, you will not receive the ‘successful, thank you for voting’ message on screen.
8. You are allowed to vote once per device.
9. There is no charge for submitting your vote via btsport.com although internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet. Please ask permission of the internet account holder.
10. In the event of the Action Woman vote failing to yield a clear winner for any reason, be that technical (e.g. the voting mechanic fails) or in the event of a tie, BT judging panel will select a winner/winners for this year’s Action Woman Awards. If for any reason any of the BT judging panel are not available a suitable alternative will be found. The process for selecting a winner is as follows:
(a) In the event of a voting mechanic failure, or similar event affecting all nominees, a three-person panel comprised of Simon Green (Head of BT Sport), Clare Balding and Adam Sills (Sports Editor of The Telegraph) will convene on or before 03/12/19. The panel will then discuss and decide a winner. In the event that the three members are unable to agree, the casting vote will go to Clare Balding.
The criteria for selecting a winner will be as follows:
*Biggest social impact in 2019 *Historical significance of their achievement *Physical prowess *Mental toughness *Ability to inspire.
(b) In the event of a tie, the panel will decide whether to select a winner from the tied nominees, or whether the prize should be shared, the casting vote will go to Clare Balding based on the criteria set out in Clause 10a above.
(c) The panel meeting will take place at the BT Sport studios and will be minuted for record. A representative from BT Compliance will attend the meeting.
11. The winner will be announced at the BT Sport Action Woman of the Year Awards ceremony at BT Sport studios on 09/12/19. The award will be presented to the winner on 09/12/19 by Clare Balding.
12. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales. The Promoter is British Telecommunications plc, 81 Newgate Street London EC1A