Gerard Deulofeu has officially completed his move back to Barcelona from Everton.
The 23-year-old forward passed a medical on Friday morning before signing a two-year contract tying him to the Spanish giants until June 30, 2019.
Barca last month activated the buy-back clause in Deulofeu’s contract with Everton to bring him back to the Nou Camp, where he came up through the youth ranks before moving to England in a permanent deal in 2015.
It has reportedly cost Barca £10.5million to re-sign the Spain Under-21 captain, who spent last season on loan at AC Milan.
Barca said on their website: “Deulofeu formalises return to Barcelona. The 23-year-old forward was at the club’s offices on Friday morning to sign the deal that brings him back to the team after four seasons with Everton, Sevilla, and AC Milan.
“Before heading to the club’s offices to sign the deal along with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, Deulofeu underwent a pre-season physical at the team’s training centre with the rest of Barca’s internationals.”
Deulofeu spent 10 seasons in Barca’s youth academy before joining Everton on loan in 2013. He spent the following season on loan with Sevilla before returning to Everton in a permanent deal for £4.3m in 2015.
Deulofeu, who is currently recovering from a thigh problem, said on www.fcbarcelona.es: “I’m very happy to have returned home and can’t wait to start this project.
“I’ve always wanted to be here. I’ve had to work away from Barca, because it’s not easy to get into the first team, but I’ve come here with a lot of desire.
“I’ve changed a lot, I’ve had different experiences and I think I’ve improved as a person and a player. I’m a different player and I’m going to try and help the team.
“I know that competition is high, but I will work hard every day and I’m going to try and learn from the best to help the team to win titles.”