Non-subscribers can click on the banner above to be taken through to the free stream on BTSport.com from 7pm to watch there.
BT Sport will also be broadcasting Arsenal's first group game at home to Cologne and that will be live on BT Sport 2 immediately after the conclusion of the Everton game at 8pm, with the match also available in 4K UHD.
If you’re not yet a subscriber to BT Sport – the only place showing Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup football all season long – find out how we can get you live in just 15 minutes right here!
James McCarthy, Ross Barkley, Ramiro Funes Mori, Yannick Bolasie and Seamus Coleman are injured, whilst Aaron Lennon has also not travelled to Italy.
Oumar Niasse was not included in the 27-man Europa League squad, however, so is unavailable for selection.
What they said
"For every football club it is really important to be part of Europe. Everton was out of it for many years but we are back and it is great for the players and staff – and also for the fans.
"Let's hope for a good game and that the journey will take us a long way in European football.
“If you start a competition you want to win it. But it is a long way to go and our first focus is on Atalanta. You have to take it step by step.
“You can rotate for several reasons but, like always, we will start with a strong team. A football match can be tactical, or physical. It is all about the intention of both teams.
“We will try to dominate the game and to play football. You have to know the right time to play and when to be tactical.
“But our intention is to play offensive football, to create opportunities to score – and we need to counter the strengths of Atalanta.”
Atalanta – 13/10
Draw – 23/10
Everton – 11/5
*Correct at the time of writing
- This will be the first ever meeting between Atalanta and Everton and Atalanta’s first ever encounter with an English side.
- Everton have faced Italian opposition on six previous occasions (W1 D2 L3), scoring in just one of those games – a 2-0 win in March 2008 at Goodison Park against Fiorentina.
- The Toffees have lost all three of their away games in Italy without scoring - losing 0-1 v Inter Milan in a European Cup game in September 1963, 0-1 v AC Milan in a UEFA Cup game in October 1975 and 0-2 v Fiorentina in March 2008, also in the UEFA Cup.
- The Orobici have faced British opponents once before, facing Merthyr Tydfil in the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1987/88 – they eliminated the Welsh side 3-2 on aggregate.
- Atalanta are competing in European competition for the first time since the 1990/91 campaign, when they played in the UEFA Cup and reached the quarter-final.
- Gian Piero Gasperini has managed in the Europa League previously – his Genoa side failed to make it out of the group stage in the 2009/10 campaign.
- Everton have featured in two previous UEFA Europa League campaigns, making it out of the group stage on both occasions – they lost in the last 32 in 2009/10 and the last 16 in 2014/15.
- In European competition, English sides have lost nine of their last 13 visits to Italy (W2 D2 L9).
- In the Europa League only, just one English side has ever won against an Italian side away from home (P10 W1 D4 L5) – Liverpool defeating Udinese 1-0 in December 2012.
- Everton’s Davy Klaassen featured in the Ajax team that reached the Europa League final last season – he played 13 games, scoring twice and assisting once.
- Ronald Koeman hasn’t managed in European competition (excl. qualifiers) since the 2009/10 season with AZ in the Champions League – the Dutch side were eliminated at the group stage.
Can’t watch the match live?
No problem. We’ll be making highlights FREE on BTSport.com and the BT Sport app, while the enhanced video player allows subscribers to watch the full 90 minutes again on either platform.
There will also be several opportunities to watch highlights or a full rerun of the game on our linear coverage – just check our TV Guide for more information.